Dennis Johnson Memorial Park is a cute park with small playground located on the Willow Creek Path located in a neighborhood near Forest Hills Road. The park has a small two-level play structure, rock climbing wall, swings, basketball, tennis, and volleyball courts and easy access to the Willow Creek Path.
Best for ages 2-10.Features
- One small two-level play structure with stair and climbing entrances
- Toddler sized equipment
- Balancing steps
- Rock climbing wall
- Spinning pole
- Spinning number built-in
- Fortune Teller built-in
- Mirror at the top of platform
- One slide – toddler sized
- Swing set with two normal sized swings and two baby swings
- Large grassy space
- Nearby bike path
- Nearby basketball court
- Nearby tennis court
- Garbage can
Some parts of the playground are in full sun, others are shadedParking?
2-4 parking spots in front of playground, parking on streetPlayground Structure Materials?
Plastic and metalGround/surface materials?
Wood chips with rubber flooring beneath swing setFenced in?
Yes, one slide – toddler sizedSwings?
Yes, four swings – two normal sized and two baby swingsPicnic tables, benches or other seating?
Yes, 1 picnic table and a pavilion in view of playgroundWalking path, sidewalk or bike path?
Yes, there’s a 1.57 paved path that connects Harlem High School to Rock Cut State ParkStroller Accessibility?
YesFood and Drink Nearby?
NoWhat makes it special or worth visiting?
Dennis Johnson Memorial Park is a neighborhood park located in Machesney Park with a small playground perfect for preschoolers and grade schoolers. The playground features a rock climbing wall, balancing steps, a spinning pole, one slide, several built-in features like a fortune teller, mirror, spinning number game, and a stand-alone drum. The playground connects to Willow Creek Path which goes from Harlem High School to Rock Cut State Park.If you go, you may want to bring:
- Bug spray – There can be mosquitos
- Sunscreen – Some parts of the play structure get direct sunlight
- A packed lunch – There are nearby picnic tables
- Bikes, scooters, and ride-ons – The playground connects to Willow Creek Path, a 1.57 mile path connecting Harlem High School to Rock Cut State Park