- A short-term assistance program when between jobs or during illness.
- A financial aid program for those who are not qualified for other assistance (state or federally funded aid).
- Applicants must meet requirements for eligibility as contained in the Township’s General Assistance Handbook.
- Eligibility for aid is generally based on financial, non-financial, and workfare assigned requirements
- In addition to being a resident of Harlem Township, information regarding you and your family, financial status, and registration with the Department of Employment Security is required.
- Call our office to make an appointment at 815-633-9382.
- Your current Illinois Driver’s License or Identification Card and Social Security Card are required.
- Applications for General Assistance Clients may be picked up during regular business hours, daily from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Social Security Card
- Verification of residence within the Harlem Township boundaries. Trailers are not eligible for Township assistance.
- Medical Card or verification of insurance
- Unemployment status- Letter from IDES within the last 30 days
- If pending disability status, please bring documentation from an attorney
- Sources of Income-Bank Statements,Pay-stubs
- Parole/Probation (if applicable)
- A current utility bill for verification of residency
- The applicant is not receiving General Assistance from another governmental unit.
- The applicant is without dependent children and applying as a single adult case.
- The applicant’s current available non-exempt income falls within the income guidelines.
- The applicant is able to work and actively seeking employment -or- if applicant is unable to work, a physician statement is required.
- EA eligibility is determined in the interview process.
General Information | Downloads
General Information | Resource Links